- Allocation of memory arrays using new.
- Binding library functions to types via using x for y
- Breaking Change: new ContractName.value(10)() has to be written as (new ContractName).value(10)()
- Added selfdestruct as an alias for suicide.
- Constructor arguments of fixed array type were not read correctly.
- Memory allocation of structs containing arrays or strings.
- Data location for explicit memory parameters in libraries was set to storage.
The two main features of this release is the ability to create memory arrays (of dynamic length) and to attach library functions to types. The latter provides a way to make elegant use of complex data types in the way we are used to from other languages and paves the way to creating an extensive and easy to use standard library. The next step into that direction is the introduction of a clean module system.
A big thank you to all contributors who helped make this release possible!
Download the new version of Solidity here.