In the last weeks, we have mainly been working on big internal changes. One of them is the new ABI decoder, which is still in experimental mode, but will hopefully be production-usable soon. External contributions like allowing constant variables for array lengths and improved error messages should make your life as a programmer easier. Finally, the standard-json-io-system now allows to select certain artifacts from a contract which should speed up your code-compile-test-cycle even more!
- Code Generator: New ABI decoder which supports structs and arbitrarily nested arrays and checks input size (activate using pragma experimental ABIEncoderV2;).
- General: Allow constant variables to be used as array length.
- Inline Assembly: if statement.
- Standard JSON: Support the outputSelection field for selective compilation of target artifacts.
- Syntax Checker: Turn the usage of callcode into an error as experimental 0.5.0 feature.
- Type Checker: Improve address checksum warning.
- Type Checker: More detailed errors for invalid array lengths (such as division by zero).
A big thank you to all contributors who helped make this release possible!
Download the new version of Solidity here.